Re: [CQ-Contest] What cost and expected benefit to compete?

Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] What cost and expected benefit to compete?
From: Jim Smith <jimsmith@shaw.ca>
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2005 11:20:30 -0700
I wouldn't pay either, not because of some principle but sheer bone
laziness.  If I had to go to the bank to get a US money order I would
put it on my to do list and never get it done before the deadline passed.

"What about payola or some such," you say.  I consider the internet to
be hopelessly insecure, in spite of all the attempts to convince us
otherwise, so I don't do money things on the net.  Please, no attempts
to convince me otherwise; I've read too many accounts of people losing
money to pay any attention.

I could write a cheque if I had a US bank account, but then I'd have to
mail it.

I guess that, as I get older, I get really impatient with what I call
"friction" i.e. things which get in the way.  This doesn't mean I'm not
willing to put back into ham radio.  I volunteer over a hundred hours a
year of my time to the club I belong to.

73 de Jim Smith   VE7FO