Re: [CQ-Contest] New German calls

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] New German calls
From: Fabian Kurz <lists@telegraphy.de>
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2005 14:38:02 +0200
Hi Randy,

Randy Thompson wrote:
> What is the story with all the 2x1 calls from Germany in WAE this weekend?
> Sure threw me for a loop when things like DR1R and DQ4W called in through
> the noise on 80m!
>
> Are these new "vanity" calls?  Just for contest use?  Surprised we had not
> heard something about this on the reflector as it is a big deal for our
> friends in Germany.

Those 2x1 callsigns are now regular clubstation callsigns. Additional
to the prefixes already in use, DQ and DR are now available, also DP
(which was reserved for extraterritorial callsigns) is now available
for short contest calls (DP3-9 at least).

To add to the confusion, also special callsigns like DQ80IARU, DQ50IPA
etc are now issued as short term callsigns for special events.

> Coolest call heard: DM1A

Indeed ;-)

QTC?
--