[CQ-Contest] IOTA Contest - log deadline

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>, <iota-contest@yahoogroups.com>,<uk-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] IOTA Contest - log deadline
From: "Donald Field" <g3xtt@lineone.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2005 11:35:09 +0100
Just a week or so to go before the log deadline for the IOTA Contest. We have
about 1150 logs so far, but there are over 300 stations who appear 100 times or
more in the database who have yet to submit. Do please send us your logs:
iota.logs@rsgbhfcc.org

All those who submitted should get an automatic reply from the robot, asking
you to go to a web page to complete submission (and upload a photograph, should
you wish to do so). If you have not received that reply, you sent to the wrong
address or, as seems to have happened to some people, you did get the reply but
it was trapped by your Spam filter! Do check to see if that is the case.

If you cannot create a Cabrillo file, don't worry - we can convert most
formats. But do bear in mind that the latest version of CT does generate
Cabrillo for IOTA - seems that many people are still using older versions of
CT. Always check your log with a text editor before sending - oince again we
have received logs with no IOTA references, no serial numbers, or no data at
all! WA7BNM offers an online facility for creating a suitable log, if you made
just a few QSOs:  http://www.b4h.net/cabforms/iota_cab.php

Anyway, it looks as those conditions in this year's contest were somewhat
better than the abysmal conditions we encountered in 2004, and we seem set to
have a record number of entries. Many thanks to all those who took part.

73 Don G3XTT
IOTA Contest Manager
iotacontest@rsgbhfcc.org (for correspondence, not logs)