Re: [CQ-Contest] Owning a Frequency (3830)

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Owning a Frequency (3830)
From: sawyered@earthlink.net
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2005 13:07:48 -0400 (GMT-04:00)
As an avid listener to 3830 after the major DX contests (great way to get a
quick sanity check of your score if you have last years results available as
you hear KC1XX, K3LR, W3LPL et. al. check in), I can tell you that some of the
time 3830 is not on 3830.  I have found it anywhere from 3825 - 3835.  Why,
there is a QSO on going when "we" get there, sometimes.

Instead of clearing a hole 5 kcs wide centered on 3830 (which as you can
imagine would trivially easy with the kind of yagii fire power assembled on
that freq at that instant, 0005Z Monday after the contest), what I have found
is a concious effort to find a relatively clear spot to have the quick
gathering.

I would invite any maritime mobile net groupie to come up and "see how it is
done".

Ed  N1UR