Re: [CQ-Contest] Callsigns, Logging and Cabrillo

To: Radiosporting Fan <radiosporting@yahoo.com>,CQ-Contest MailList <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Callsigns, Logging and Cabrillo
From: Tim Gardner <n9lf@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2005 13:40:55 -0700 (PDT)
For Cabrillo, length of callsign does not matter
because Cabrillo uses spaces (or tabs) to deliniate
the fields.  Therefore, the call (or any other
Cabrillo field) can be as long - or short - as needed.

Before anyone starts yelling about what the spec says,
I'll concede that the Cabrillo specs define specific
start and end columns.  I'll then point out that CQWW
and ARRL have publicly said to ignore that
specification, just make it space delimited.  Anyone
who has ever developed contest checking software that
reads Cabrillo has also learned this practicality as
well.

Tim - N9LF