Re: [CQ-Contest] 2005 Sprint SSB - 3 Band Q's (?)

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] 2005 Sprint SSB - 3 Band Q's (?)
From: "Randy Thompson" <k5zd@charter.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 00:33:29 -0000
I take a different strategy in the Sprint - I maximize the number of unique
callsigns worked.

In a contest where multipliers are so important to the final score, and the
wild and tumble QSY rule makes it difficult to chase them, I always look for
callsigns that I have not worked yet in the contest.  If I call CQ and
several stations answer, I will always try to work the new one.  You never
know if it could be the one guy on in a rare state.

At the same time, you want to make sure you get 3 bands with as many of the
hard core serious guys as you can.  They are the fastest to work and are
usually loud.

Maximum score means doing it all.

Randy, K5ZD