Re: [CQ-Contest] Another RTTY Contest

To: k1ttt@k1ttt.net
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Another RTTY Contest
From: Bill Coleman <aa4lr@arrl.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2005 19:34:24 -0400
On Sep 28, 2005, at 7:16 AM, David Robbins wrote:

>> Yeah, what's up with that? Why doesn't it have the same rules as the
>> CQWW CW and Phone?
>
> Because its not cqww cw or phone?

Exactly my point -- why do the rules change? CW and Phone have the
same rules, just the mode changes. Why would RTTY be different?

Or has this got to do with the relatively low population of stations
that are RTTY capable? I was licensed 30 years ago, and I'm just now
active on RTTY. (Although did try to build a TU and some terminal
software 20 and 15 years ago)

Seems like, at some point, there should be just as many RTTY ops now
as there were on CW or Phone however many years ago it was that the
current rules were adopted....

             -- Wilbur Wright, 1901