[CQ-Contest] Opinions on filters for TS 850

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Opinions on filters for TS 850
From: "Mike and Alicia Fanning" <fanning@hiwaay.net>
Date: Sat, 1 Oct 2005 22:57:19 -0500
Looking for opinions...  What do Kenwood 850 users find to be the best use
of the 3 available filter slots?  Looks like there are two slots at the 8.83
MHz IF, and one at 455 KHz.  I operate CW almost exclusively, so the 1-2
punch of 500/250 Hz seems to make sense to me.  Which IF gets the narrow
filter?  How best to use the other slot at the 8.83 MHz IF?  I have never
had a rig with a SSB filter, so any recommendations on bandwidth for a
sideband filter to put in the other slot?

Thanks,
-Mike, K4GU