Re: [CQ-Contest] DX Engineering 4 square active antenna receive system

To: <CQ-Contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] DX Engineering 4 square active antenna receive system
From: "Rick Dougherty" <nq4i@contesting.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2005 05:25:37 -0400
Hi All...I am currently involved in a Test and Evaluation program for DX
Engineering for this very antenna system....I have had them up at my qth for
about 5 weeks...there has not been enough activity to objectively compare
the rcving 4 sq and my 800 ft beverages...but I will be releasing a full
report in the next few weeks...if you don't have the property for
beverages...this is definitely the ticket...I have them installed 1300 ft
from my shack...they are very quiet and they have tremendous f/b from the
broadcast band up to 40m...I use the rcving 4 sq system on my 160m station,
my 80m mult station, and my 80m run station...initial results are tremendous
f/b, very directive, and very sensitive...they do require a pre-amp in the
station...more info to follow...and I will be happy to answer questions
directly to my e-mail..de Rick nq4i