Re: [CQ-Contest] Pet Peeve

To: "Thomas R. Williams" <n2cu@magtrol.com>,<cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Pet Peeve
From: "Kelly Taylor" <ve4xt@mts.net>
Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2005 22:37:07 -0500
Why not just a rule that says anybody whose callsign doesn't match their
location must signify such with the / designator?

That way you know that VE4XT/W6 is in California and N6TR/7 is not. (Not
picking on anyone, just an example.) That CAN'T be any more cumbersome than
W2XYZ/CA...

Admittedly, it's not an exact science in states that don't comprise the
entire call area, but it works for New England and is at least something for
FQP or TQP.

Oh, wait. I forgot. That used to be law. Then someone went and changed it!

Or we could just leave well enough alone. When VE4VV and I did MNQP as a
rover this year (VA4MWA/W0/cty) people figured it out, or asked nicely if we
were in MN. Which was fine. And if having to ask or wait for the exchange
slows you down, well, at least it slows down everybody equally.

73, kelly
ve4xt