Re: [CQ-Contest] CQ-Contest] PTT control SO2R CW (was: Portablecontest r

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CQ-Contest] PTT control SO2R CW (was: Portablecontest rigs)
From: "Mario" <s56a@bit.si>
Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2005 00:25:39 +0200
I hope Orion II is coming out with separate PTT and KEY lines?
Small step for TT after a lot of emails, giant leap for mankind :-)

73 de Mario, S56A, N1YU

P.S. SO2R full BK is utmost hamradio machoshism.

Even interrupting the key lines is something that is unacceptable
for SO2R - everything is done based on PTT & positive control
of RX/TX state.

I'm curious - who does _not_ use PTT for SO2R for serious
operating on CW?  Perhaps we could hear from folks like K5ZD,
KQ2M, etc.

73, VR2BrettGraham

Never have...never will. Not going to discuss it further as the last
time this subject came up via the Internet I was chastised for knowing
nothing about nothing vis a vis the needs of the serious CW contest
oprator.

73
Scott W4PA