[CQ-Contest] 48th Annual PA QSO Party This Weekend

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] 48th Annual PA QSO Party This Weekend
From: "Ron Notarius" <wn3vaw@verizon.net>
Date: Fri, 07 Oct 2005 09:28:38 -0400
Well, since no one from the sponsor appears to be making a "formal"
announcement to the list...

The 48th Annual Pennsylvania QSO Party is this weekend, October 8 & 9.
[Yes, 48th -- it's one of the "granddaddy" of the many state QSO parties out
there!]

The contest runs from Saturday at 1600 Z until Sunday at 0500 Z, takes an 8
hour break, then picks up on Sunday from 1300 - 2200 Z.  Operation are on
SSB & CW 160 - 2 meters (no WARC bands, no repeater contacts).

Multipliers for out of state stations are the 67 counties in PA, and once
again (between fixed stations, portables, rovers & mobiles) it looks like
all 67 will be active this weekend.  Mults for in-state are the 67 counties,
all ARRL & RAC sections, and one general DX mult.  Scoring is a touch
unusual -- 1 point per phone contact, 1.5 points for CW 40 meters & up, 2
points for 80 & 160 CW.

Complete rules and entry forms can be found at the web site of the sponsor,
the Nittany ARC of State College PA, at
http://www.nittany-arc.net/paqso.html .  Note that there are now provisions
to accept electronic entries for the contest!

It's a fun, friendly contest, one I personally look forward to every year --
almost can't wait another day!  Look for me as part of the W4ZE/3 multi-op
team in Washington County on Saturday!

Disclaimer:  I am not a member of the sponsoring club nor the contest
committee.  So please, if you have a problem or concern with the contest,
contact the club directly via the web site.

73, ron wn3vaw