Re: [CQ-Contest] A portable rig that would serve wellforcontestingtoo?

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] A portable rig that would serve wellforcontestingtoo?
From: "Steve Murphy" <murphys@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2005 19:58:49 -0400
Ditto Don's comments about the 735.  I put together a portable SO2R station
using a pair of these, and everything he said mirrors my experience with them
(and also the older Kenwoods).

One thing to consider, though, is that the earliest of these radios are getting
close to 20 years old, and though mine have been very reliable, I'm sure
they're not immune to the problems that start to plague all older equipment.

73,

Steve N8NM
.