Re: [CQ-Contest] A portable rig that would servewell forcontestingtoo?

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] A portable rig that would servewell forcontestingtoo?
From: "k7qq" <k7qq@netzero.net>
Date: Sat, 8 Oct 2005 23:27:51 -0000
IF it has an RF gain control the pumping you describe shouldn't be a problem
if it is backed off,  the ATT also does the same thing,  I use the TS 870
and during heavy QRM action on CW or SSB it is very prone to pumping and
intermod.  By reducing the RF gain control it is supprising how well a weak
signal can be copied next to a Big signal. The pumping and mixing of signals
is cured PRESTO.

Quack