Re: [CQ-Contest] Competing in the Daylight

To: craig.n7or@gmail.com,CQ Contest Reflector <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Competing in the Daylight
From: Dave Lawley <g4buo@compuserve.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 08:30:48 +0100
 >You can't pick and choose which technological advancements are or are
 >not cheating.

Hi Craig

There are very many of us who are clear that packet is not just a
technological 'advancement', it is fundamentally not single-operator
because you have a whole host of packet users all finding stations for
you to work. It is more like multi-op than single-op.

So, if you not going to have separate assisted and unassisted categories
in a particular contest, those using packet assistance properly belong
in the multi-op section. That's why we we're so opposed to what DARC has
done with WAE. It's a great shame, I used to enjoy the contest and
especially the QTCs, but no more.

73, Dave G4BUO