Re: [CQ-Contest] Competing in the Daylight - Making it Happen

To: "Guy Molinari" <guy_molinari@hotmail.com>, <lyndon@orthanc.ca>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Competing in the Daylight - Making it Happen
From: "Tom McAlee" <tom@klient.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2005 00:17:13 -0400
>All you have to define is the UDP update protocol.  This should be  very
>simple to do.

ummmm... UDP?   And the logging software is supposed to know which entries
weren't uploaded?  With UDP it has no way to know that; there is no
guarantee the packet made it to its destination.  The same holds true for
TCP, but at least the client (the logging software) would know it.

If you're serious about this, I'd be happy to help on the programming side.
I work a lot with Windows-based services and clients and haven't touched a
Solaris machine since 1999, but I could refresh myself.

I'm scared by the proposals of the use of UDP though!

Tom, NI1N