Re: [CQ-Contest] Kenwood YK-88C-1 vs Inrad 103

To: CQ-CONTEST <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Kenwood YK-88C-1 vs Inrad 103
From: W2RU - Bud Hippisley <W2RU@frontiernet.net>
Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2005 17:00:29 +0000
Michael Tope wrote:

>Unfortunately, George doesn't seem to make a 1000 Hz wide filter for the
>8.83 MHz IF in TS930/940/950 series rig.

But George _will_ make them if enough of us commit to buying the first
run.  Seems to me he needed a minimum order of 10 per filter BW/IF when
I last asked him.  If I got one for the high IF I'd want a matching one
for the low IF, too.

The question I have, however, is this:  How well does the VBT system
work when filters with non-standard BWs are plugged in?  (I believe the
delta-f of each step position of the VBT knob on my 950 SDX is in
firmware and optimized for Kenwood's standard filter bandwidths.)

Bud, W2RU