Re: [CQ-Contest] LOTW Cert. Renewal

To: k7acz@cox.net
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] LOTW Cert. Renewal
From: Bill Coleman <aa4lr@arrl.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2005 20:55:02 -0400
On Oct 16, 2005, at 8:21 PM, Alan Zack wrote:

> What happens if someone makes a download to the old call sign?  Is
> LOTW smart enough to know to match it to the new call sign?  Or
> does the download get lost?
> I still get QSL's via the Buro for my old K6 call that I changed to
> a K7 call two years ago.

I don't know what you mean by someone "makes a download". You don't
download in LoTW, you upload QSOs. When contacts match, a QSL is
issued to the certificate -- this is true even if the certificate is
inactive.

So, if you have an old call and you've given a certificate for it,
once you've uploaded all the calls and you're sure the QSOs are
correct, there's no need to keep the certificate. QSOs will still
match, and QSLs will still be issued.

             -- Wilbur Wright, 1901