[CQ-Contest] Proposed Rule Change - CQWW PHONE

To: <CQ-Contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Proposed Rule Change - CQWW PHONE
From: "LA5HE Ragnar Otterstad" <la5he@otterstad.dk>
Date: Sun, 6 Nov 2005 16:00:54 +0100
For instance, why are you proposing these rules?

Because present situation creates problesm for everybody , incl
non-contesters.

Why limit SSB and not CW?  if in region 1 CW is allowed between 7000 and
7100, to be fair phone should also be allowed in the same segment.
Why you say that we currently have a "mess" in the band?
------------------------
It is a question of bandwidth. CW takes  say 100Hz. Some of the phone
stations occupies 5-8 kHz incl.splatter and overmodulation.

If we limit the segment to 7040 - 7100,  and all the high power station
remain there, what space is left for the low power ones?

40m  is not suitablke for phone contests untill the band is expanded
universally in Region 1  !!

In the US CW is allowed form 7000 to 7300, them why phone is restricted to
7150 - 7300?
If CW operator can go above 7150, them, and to be to be fair, phone ones
should be allowed to go below 7150.

Nonsense !

Fair game must be the main goal, the rules should not favor some in
detriment of others, and further more, FCC and ARRL should revise  the
current frequency allocation in the 40 meters band for continental US
stations.

Fairness does not come into this game. Some QTHs are infinitely better than
others !!! ( F eks Venezuela !)

For what I can see the so called "mess" is caused by the current limited
space in the band for region 1 and a poor frequency allocation for the
different mode, contest activity from Europe in 40 meters is very high, just
take a look at the scores from pass years and you will se that, as it is
right now, it is impossible for all those European station to stay between
7040  and 7100, there is simple not enough room for them, less alone if they
have to compete for it with stations from the rest of the world.