Re: [CQ-Contest] Low End of 40

To: <TOMK5RC@aol.com>, <CQ-Contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Low End of 40
From: "Kelly Taylor" <ve4xt@mts.net>
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2005 07:54:43 -0600
Because there can be only so many signals in a given amount of bandwidth,
what the complainers are saying is that some people shouldn't be allowed to
operate SS until a spot in "acceptable" bandwidth opens up.

Is that really what the spirit of ham radio is about?

If these cherished DX frequencies were actually being used, and SS
encroached on existing communications, I could see their point. But if I
find a clear frequency to which nobody defends against a QRL?, I'm going to
start calling. Period.

This notion that we must protect certain frequencies at all times in the
event someone MAY at some point wish to start using it is ridiculous. Use it
or lose it!

73, kelly
ve4xt