[CQ-Contest] When things go wrong...

To: "CQ Contest" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] When things go wrong...
From: "Gerard Lynch" <gerrylynch@freenetname.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2005 01:28:39 -0000
About 3 o'clock on Sunday, 15 suddenly opens in a big way to the States
having been really poor all weekend.  I reckon I can probably pile them in
as fast sweeping through the dozens of unworked, gorgeous, S9++++ three
pointers as trying to run.  It's really simple.  Hit F4 - stick in the call
while copying the exchange - hit F2 - go to the next one.

While trying to work K5ZD, I get a bit confused - I hit F2, then stop it
with Esc, then F5 (send his call), then Escape again and finally manage to
hit the right button.  I need to work on this computer control thing.

So the QSO goes as follows.

TU K5ZD

G0RTN: dididididit (pause) K5 (pause) G0RTN

Randy shows why he is one of the best operators in the world, by not only
getting the callsign right first time but knowing WHY I've cocked it all up.

K5ZD: HEE G0RTN 5NN5

G0RTN: SRI HAD BRAIN FART 5NN14

K5ZD: I KNOW FEELING 73 K5ZD TEST

This has been recorded for posterity along with the rest of the contest site
and will probably be audible from some point later this week at K5ZD's.
(blush)

73

Gerry G0RTN
Vanity Page at http://www.gerrylynch.co.uk
"In days of old, when ops were bold, and sidebands not invented,
The word would pass, by pounding brass, and all were well contented."