Re: [CQ-Contest] 1 ponters for CQWW

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] 1 ponters for CQWW
From: Cqtestk4xs@aol.com
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2005 13:16:08 EST
In a message dated 11/29/05 2:16:05 PM Greenwich Standard Time, Jimk8mr
writes:
In CQ WW there are six multipliers available for working your own county.
Maybe it will also be easiest to get your own zone by working your own country.

So you suck it up and work half a dozen zero pointers, and maybe pass out a
few more to others.

Last time I checked there were only three zones in my country....3, 4 and 5.
KH6 and KL7 are different zones but count for points and are not in what is
considered the US for contesting.  The problem is not passing out "a few zero
pointers".  The problem IS working 100 stations for zero pointers...many of
them not doing the contest seriously, but just "helping out".

Again, contest rules are not set in stone.  Just about all major contests
have evolved over the years, including WPX, SS , ARRL 10 Meter, and ARRL DX.
Maybe it's time to tweak WW too.  DX originally meant distance.  A 3000 mile
QSO
to W6 or W7 is a hell of a lot more distant for me than CO or C6.  The first
counts zero, but the second two points.  Adjusting that should be a considered
by the sponsor.

Bill K4XS