Re: [CQ-Contest] Contesting from Easter Island?

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Contesting from Easter Island?
From: "Lawrence Stoskopf" <stoskopf@tri.net>
Date: Thu, 01 Dec 2005 19:05:06 GMT
I'm signed up for the Lindblad National Geographic Explorer relocation
cruise Oct 2006 which sails from Papeete, Tahiti to Easter Island and just
happens (!) to arrive the first day of the CQWW Phone and stays for a day.
I was on the same ship in Antarctica two years ago with a FT-817 and a
dipole (QRP sucks).  If you want to operate from the ship or have the crew
take you to shore with a rig, you now need to book thru Casual DX.  Anyone
been to Easter I. and have info on licensing and suggestions for a day of
operation from there?  I plan to take a FT-857 and a dipole this time.

The waypoints are:  Bora Bora, Makatea, Fakarava, Riroia, Pukurua, Mangareva
(Gambier Islands), Pitcairn, Henderson, and Ducie.  Probably will get a few
hours at each site during the day while everyone else is hiking or swimming.
It looks like you have to personally pick up the ticket for some of these
and there is just no time on a tightly planned travel group plan to do that.
Anyone have any info or help.

Thanks,  N0UU

BTW, this is the reverse trip.  The forward trip is March 2006, but for
privacy reasons, I haven't been offered the names of those going on that
trip.