Re: [CQ-Contest] zero pointers etc

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] zero pointers etc
From: "Hershel Kreis" <hkreis@james-city.va.us>
Date: Sat, 3 Dec 2005 18:28:55 -0500
I have been reading this thread for the past few days, and I have to agree with
K9NW.  This seems to be more of an issue with the big guns.  Personally, I was
glad to get a spot in the some of the big guns logs during CQ WW because I
needed the multiplier.  If I was operating with all of the aluminum they have
in the sky, I would have been able to get a DX in their zone, but it is not
always that way for us who have just a dipole and 100W.

Maybe the solution might be dealt with by allowing HP stations to claim a point
for the QSO.

I have only recently gotten back on the radio after an almost 10 year
sabbatical (not totally all by choice) and I am personally thankful for the
fact that I am able to make a half-way decent showing with my very modest
station.  One day, when I have multiple towers and stacked antennas running
fully legal limit, I might have this problem.

Personally, I hope that the big guns will tolerate our (the little pistols)
"intrusion" into their contests and continue to answer our calls!!!

Hershel
KE4GWV
Operating from America's birthplace