Re: [CQ-Contest] some things never change

To: <CQ-Contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] some things never change
From: "Paul T. Antos" <wb2abd@adelphia.net>
Date: Sun, 4 Dec 2005 21:35:04 -0500
On Nov 28, 2005, at 7:33 AM, kr2q@optonline.net wrote:

> The house is very quiet as I read.  Except I keep hearing CW.  I
> turn around to check the rig, but it is off.  Happens all the time
> post contest.  After decades of contesting, it still makes me a
> little crazy.

ARRL 160...

I ran out of gas in the wee hours of Saturday morning , and took a short nap.
Got up, threw some wood in the firebox, grabbed a drink: heading to the shack I
swear I was hearing a low pitched CW ( like someone sneaking up into your run
frequency). I figured this was really weird ... such a low pitch ... am I
really that out of it?  It was two Great Horned owls up in the oaks where my
wires hang . yapping at each other. It was way too dark to see which way they
were ...

Paul WB2ABD