[CQ-Contest] PAQSO Party changes

To: PA QSO Party <paqso@mailman.qth.net>, cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] PAQSO Party changes
From: Michael Coslo <mjc5@psu.edu>
Date: Mon, 05 Dec 2005 11:55:42 -0500
        The Pennsylvania QSO Party will be undergoing some additions for
next October's event.

        We have always tried to encourage  fun over cutthroat
competitiveness, and to encourage modes such as CW.

        In the spirit of the party, starting next season, we will add
digital modes.

        PSK31 and RTTY will be added.

        Each QSO will count for 2 points, and count as a separate mode, just
as you can contact someone once per each band on SSB, and CW, you
will be able to do the same for PSK and RTTY.

        We have always tried to spice things up a bit, such as adding
multiple location special event stations, without massively affecting
the records.

        One of the big complaints, and one that I have experienced is the
"Sunday Doldrums", when the bands are pretty much worked out, and
lots of CQ calling, but only dupes to be had. Okay, get that computer
out, and do some RTTY or PSK31!

        PSK31 and RTTY will be the digital modes allowed.

        - 73 de Mike KB3EIA -