Re: [CQ-Contest] A Suggestion for 2010 WRTC Selection Criteria

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] A Suggestion for 2010 WRTC Selection Criteria
From: K3BU@aol.com
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2005 00:40:07 EST
In a message dated 12/22/05 10:50:27 PM Eastern Standard Time,
Cqtestk4xs@aol.com writes:

>>Let the guys know which contests will be used and what the weighting is
ahead
of time, the penalties for being a singleband effort or part of a MM crew and
so forth.  If guys know ahead of time what the scoring grid looks like, there
should be less griping about the selection process.  Many good ops are being
hurt by the MM and single band rules.  I would not have done so many single
band entries if I had known ahead of time how they would be scored, and lots
of
guys may not have operated as parts of MM crews if they were seriously
thinking of going to WRTC. <<

Very true, some of us go after monoband records/scores and get "degraded".

Another way of selecting participants would be in the regions have
qualification runs under similar conditions and rules as WRTC, say two or three
years in
a row.

Taking it one step further and to involve station design and building
(unburdening sponsors from providing equipment/antennas), would be requirement
that
operators bring their own equipment (rigs, antennas) with max weight limit say
60 lbs. This would involve station building (or buying) and operating. Can
even pick location within the outlined territory.

This would eliminate many fudgy factors and those serious in WRTC would have
a chance to fight for it under the same conditions. I think dividing the world
to regions is excellent, maybe with some more fine tuning reflecting density
of contesters.

73  + Merry Christmas

Yuri, K3BU