[CQ-Contest] Fw: Computer RFI

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Fw: Computer RFI
From: "Paul T. Antos" <wb2abd@adelphia.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2005 22:08:24 -0500
I also found 100%  improvement by using an LCD monitor. However, while
playing with my cheap portable SW reciever looking for line QRN in the
neighborhood, I came across a lot of garbage radiating right from the front
of the LCD screen. Not that the SW reciever is any great shakes on shielding
. I suspect these devices radiate a lot of junk anyway, but I don't hear it
on my rig on any band with any antenna ( lucky for me). Ditto for the
halogen lamp in the shack. I guess the rig does a lot more in keeping the
noise out.

Not so lucky on the power line QRN ...

Paul  WB2ABD