Re: [CQ-Contest] QRP/Low Power Settings

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] QRP/Low Power Settings
From: sawyered@earthlink.net
Date: Mon, 2 Jan 2006 12:18:24 -0500 (GMT-05:00)
I also have an FT-1000MP Mk V (and an FT-990 as radio 2).  What I have found is
that if I set the RF Power using key down reading (ie 100W CW) and use decent
"contest" compression on SSB, the peak hold meter reads virtually the same in
the SSB peaks of 100W as it does if I key down on CW - 100W.

After fiddling with it initially, I have just learned to periodically verify
durng an SSB contest with my key that I am reading key down 100W on the RF watt
meter.  I have felt that this is 100W SSB within the rules.

I would be interested to hear of others findings in this regard on the MkV
radios.

Ed  N1UR