[CQ-Contest] Heads Up for Visalia

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Heads Up for Visalia
From: WD3Q <wd3q@starpower.net>
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2006 02:55:17 -0500
Better early than late, I'm planning on attending the Visalia gathering
for the first time.   I have a hotel room, but am having trouble getting
there in an affordable way (i.e., using my frequent flier miles).

United no longer flies to Visalia, and the closest I *may*be able to get
is Fresno, although that doesn't look too good.

It's been suggested I fly to LAX or SFO and hitch a ride.  Looks like
it's a 4 hour trip from LA, half that from the bay area. Is anyone out
there planning on driving and interested in taking a rider?

I realize that we're talking about late April, but I figure I should
take care of this as soon as possible.

Thanks in advance,

Eric W3DQ
Washington, DC