Re: [CQ-Contest] "West Coast Battle Cry"

To: James Cain <cainjim@mindspring.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] "West Coast Battle Cry"
From: Bill Coleman <aa4lr@arrl.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2006 21:07:24 -0500
On Jan 16, 2006, at 10:59 AM, James Cain wrote:

> I heartily agree. It's all about activity. So what's up with the
> gazillion-dollar US DX contest superstations who are silent for
> great domestic contests like NAQP?

It takes a lot of effort to get a big M/M station ready for a
contest, any contest.

If you look at the rules for domestic contests, most don't allow M/M
operation. For NAQP, you can operate M/2. That leaves a M/M station
underutilized, and its only for 12 hours.

I think most superstations are more interested in DX and save their
energy for the big DX contests.

             -- Wilbur Wright, 1901