Re: [CQ-Contest] NAQP Categories

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] NAQP Categories
From: <ku8e@bellsouth.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2006 9:19:25 -0500
K5ZM wrote :

"Do that, and NA loses it's unique appeal. (IMO, YMMV) It becomes 'just
another contest' with very little to differentiate it from all the other
domestic tests. "

What's so unique about NAQP ???

The only unique thing I see is that it's just about the only domestic contest
around where
you can work everyone on every band. If I want to be serious why should I have
to compete against
some guy at a superstation ??  The only reason I even operate is because I like
CW contesting.
Sooner or later I will get sick of my mediorce scores , which in my case is due
to my hardware, and
I won't bother to operate FT.

I'm sure there are others who share this opinion who don't even bother to get
on the air for NAQP.

Jeff