[CQ-Contest] New category: "Wires only"??

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] New category: "Wires only"??
From: Paul Roche <rochep@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2006 12:38:09 -0500
I don't know if I am bringing up a subject that has been brought up dozens
of times, but has there ever been any serious discussion of either
changing/adding a contest category from "TB/wires" to simply "wires" (or
"vertical/wires"). I suspect the majority of people who CASUALLY enter
contests don't have towers anyway (I certainly don't), and what would be the
problem of adding a category? I know TB/wires was supposed to "level the
playing field" a bit, but the TB part still requires money/space/permits,
etc.. that many guys can not handle.

Just a thought for discussion.

paul K3STX