Re: [CQ-Contest] NAQP Lessons learned

To: John Geiger <ne0p@lcisp.com>, Bill Coleman <aa4lr@arrl.net>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] NAQP Lessons learned
From: "John Geiger (NE0P)" <ne0p@lcisp.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2006 10:50:15 -0600
I will agree, that this antenna is far from ideal on 80 meters. Did finish my 5
band WAC a couple of years ago by working Japan on 80 with it.  I am sure that
the 3 element yagi on the other end did most of the work.  Still, it is a
better antenna than nothing.  It really doesn't get out on 160m, but did make a
few QSOs in the contest last night and this morning.  Will have to get a
vertical up someday, but really don't have a good setup for one right now with
a 3 year old daughter roaming around the backyard and all.  Plus I am just too
lazy to lay down radials.

73s John NE0P

From: Bill Coleman <aa4lr@arrl.net>
Date:  Sat, 28 Jan 2006 11:05:24 -0500