Re: [CQ-Contest] Contest identifiers

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Contest identifiers
From: "Clive Whelan" <clive.whelan@btinternet.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2006 17:33:00 -0000
FOC Marathon is NOT a contest, just a  club QSO party. However, we are a bit
noisy! The BW ( Bill Windle) QSO party is held a couple of times a year, and
is open to all who love CW (is there anyone who doesn't?)

Suggest you check http://www.sk3bg.se/contest  ( there are others) for a
calendar and full rules info. etc

73

Clive
GW3NJW

I know most of the contester's put out a "cq (insert name) " that readily
identifies the contest,
but some ie. 'FOC' leave one mystified as to which contest is being referred
to.
For the novice contester who might not readily 'click' as to what contest is
being referred to, is
there a list of contest i.d.s that could help?
Thanks
Steve (VP9HW)