Re: [CQ-Contest] Filed Day operations on digital???

To: CQ-Contest <CQ-Contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Filed Day operations on digital???
From: Michael Coslo <mjc5@psu.edu>
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2006 09:02:55 -0500
On Feb 12, 2006, at 10:23 PM, K8JWT wrote:

> Was wondering how popular is the digital systems for Field Day?
> RTTY,PSK,
> etc...
>
> Was thinking of setting up a digital station for Field Day but not
> if it
> won't be fruitful...

        I've had a PSK31 station at field day for the past three years, and
it has been very nice for two reasons. First is that there is plenty
of activity, at least enough to pick up a fair number of 2 point
QSO's. Second is that it has an attraction to a lot of  potential
Hams who might be too shy to pick up a mic and talk.

        - 73 de Mike KB3EIA -