[CQ-Contest] NRAU Baltic 2006 Final Results

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] NRAU Baltic 2006 Final Results
From: "Tonno Vahk" <tonno.vahk@mail.ee>
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2006 20:38:46 +0200
Hi,

we are happy to announce the results of NRAU Baltic Contest 2006. There was
no big storm this year like last time and activity was much higher. We had
132 CW logs and 170 SSB logs. There were about 60 more stations active who
did not submit log.

We tried to do the log checking in quick, efficient and transparent way and
first time in NRAU Baltic history all the logs of participants with UBN
information (mistakes) are open for everyone to see.

You can find final results on SM3CER web page at:

http://www.sk3bg.se/contest/res/r06nrau.htm

All the logs and UBN files are listed by callsigns at:

http://www.sk3bg.se/contest/res/r06nrau-ubn.htm

We hope that disclosing all the logs and UBN information makes the contest
more interesting and let's everyone learn from his own and others' mistakes.

The best five stations in CW are:

1. ES5TV
2. YL2GD
3. LY7M
4. YL9W
5. ES1A

It was really tough competition for 1-2 place and 3-5 places. ES5TV and
YL2GD have same QSO count - 137 and initially the same multiplier count. But
as far as LY4A did not send log and made less than 10 QSOs his QSOs did not
count and YL2GD lost the multiplier. LY7M was more accurate than YL9W and
they changed places after log checking.

The best five stations in SSB are:

1. ES5TV
2. YL2GD
3. SM0W
4. 8S5A
5. ES1A

In country competition Latvia came first this year and Estonia second
followed by Sweden. Baltic countries seemed to have a propagation adventage
this year.

We would also like to remind to everybody that the last minute to make QSOs
is 07:29 in CW and 09:59 in SSB. We had several stations loging QSOs at
07:30 and even later.

Big thanks goes to ES5JR for helping with log conversion and to SM3CER and
SM2EZT for providing faboulous log checking software and for tremendous
support.

CU in NRAU Baltic 2007!

73
ERAU