Re: [CQ-Contest] No DX Summit spots for 18 February!

To: <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] No DX Summit spots for 18 February!
From: "David Robbins K1TTT" <k1ttt@arrl.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2006 21:18:18 -0000
It was also down for much of Sunday I think.  At least I couldn't access it
or grab the inputs page for analysis, and very little was getting through to
the #cqdx irc channel.

If anyone is relying on dxsummit during a contest I would highly recommend
you try one of the regular cluster nodes instead.  The reliability of
dxsummit during contests seems to be poor recently, and some of what I have
seen from there has been delayed or garbage... if it is too late it doesn't
get to the rest of the world because the cluster time filters take it out,
and if its garbled going or coming it also gets dumped... so the
distribution of dxsummit spots even in the best of times in a contest is
spotty.

David Robbins K1TTT
e-mail: mailto:k1ttt@arrl.net
web: http://www.k1ttt.net