[CQ-Contest] busted call report

To: "reflector cq-contest" <CQ-Contest@Contesting.COM>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] busted call report
From: "David Robbins K1TTT" <k1ttt@arrl.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2006 01:30:53 -0000
One note before I start on the busted calls... I think it is finally
starting to sink in that re-spotting the call with /bust or /busted doesn't
help, it just clutters up the band map even more.  please, if you must
correct a bad spot, just send the correct call... and add a comment as a
comment, not part of the callsign.

A few people have asked me about identifying busted spots over the weekend.
I have not come up with a really good automated way to do this, since by
definition these are 'errors' and can take many forms.  I have done a bit
with a search for different calls spotted on or near the same frequency
within a short time that finds some of them... like this:

Even after all the hype, 3y0x was spotted as 2y0x, 30yx, 3yox, 3xoy, 3x0y,
3y0c, 3y0a, 3y0ssb, 3t0x, ey0x, and 3y5x.

4n1856t was spotted as 4n185bt, I wonder who's birthday that is?

Hg4f shows as 5g4f of course
6v6u also spotted as 6v6v
7s2e and zs2e got mixed up
7x0ry vs 7xory

how many 8p's were on, I got: 8p9a, 8p9pa, 8p9ja, 8p9p, 8p9wa

The 9a's had fun with: 9a15dx vs 9a1hdx and 9a1sdx or someone who gave up on
the dits and spotted 9a1dx or added more and got 9a15hdx.
C6agg vs c6agp
C6hr vs c6ahr

I heard some chirpy co's this weekend... did that contribute to these:
Co2zz vs co8zz vs co7zz vs co8xx
Co6ly vs co8ly
Cx6tt vs co7tt

How about ct1bqh vs ct1bqs

Cu2dx vs cu1dx
Cu2a vs cu2m
Cu7/dl5axx vs cu5axx, cu7/dl5abb, cu7/dl5ax, cu7/dl5xx, cu7/dl7axx
Hi3tj vs hi3tej and hi3t or hi3ej or hi2tej, hi3tel, hi3tew, hi8tej
Dy2t and ly2t

How many ea8/oh's were there?
Ea8/ oh3nl, oh3vl,oh4nl,oh6ch,oh6cs
And the super long one: ea8oh4nl

Pick out the real calls from these:
f6ska, f6hka, f6khk, f6khm, f6kar, f5khm, f6ksm, f6mhm

FS land was busy with: fs/kn5g and his buddies: fs5mq, fs5q, fs5uq, fsuq,
and fsw5uq

Ha3m and ha3mq, which was busted and which wasn't?  the same with ha3u and
ha3uu.

Pick the correct hc's from: hc1sl, hc1il, hc2sl

Hk1ar vs hk1arkw, hk1r, hk1ra

Hq9h vs hq9s, hr9q, hq4i (or was that nq4i?), and hq0h

Ik0yua, ik0yuv, ik0yvv, ik1zuv

And the one everyone asked about was 33 j70j's for almost 10% of the spots
for j7oj being busted.  But there were also j7ojbust, j70oj, j70w, j71j,
j79j, and somehow a j7ik(maybe dj7ik In the mix?)

It looks like wx0b got spotted as jx0b, that must have been fun for a
minute.

Who the heck is kcw3lpl???

Isn't herbie well enough known yet: kv4fz as kv5fv, kvfz

Next quiz... will the real p4's please stand up?
P40e, p40g, p40j, p40l, p40le, p40w, p40y, p49y, pv0g, pv0w

We all know rk2fwa right? how about his brother rk2rwa.

I'm not even going to begin on the s5's!  or all the permutations of
ti3,4,5, and n and m for suffixes.

Did v31tp and v31pp follow each other around over the weekend?  I swear I
ran into them a couple times only about 1kc apart.  But never did hear their
third buddies v31jtp or v3jtp

And how many vp5/'s were there: w2jo, wj0o, wj2o, wj20, and most fun of all,
vp55/busted who should have been busted, and vp55/wj20 who really was.

There were several spellings of tesla: yt0esla, yt0telsa, yt0telse, yt0tes,
and finally yt0tesla

Zf1a's 20m harmonic got a few spots that were 'ph0ny'.

There was also some other fun with spots for:
A3S, A4S, and 20m546 in the antenna category.  In the tube category there
was 3cx10000a7, 8o7 (is that a tube??).  And in the misc parts was 1n914.

David Robbins K1TTT
e-mail: mailto:k1ttt@arrl.net
web: http://www.k1ttt.net