[CQ-Contest] R: ARRL DX SSB: 40m operation

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] R: ARRL DX SSB: 40m operation
From: "IK2DZN - Claudio Astorri" <ik2dzn@astorri.it>
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2006 08:10:58 +0100
Dear Stephan,

I noticed the same thing, which was largely evident, in very similar
percentages to yours... and thank you for submitting this issue.

My guess is that this "abuse" depends on the low solar cycle and that it is
the direct consequence of the bad conditions on 10 and partly on 15 meters,
so causing much more "demand" and traffic on 20 and 40..

In any case rules should give penalties to those encouraging BAD MODE USE of
the band spectrum even if this concerns other continents...

On the contrary all Europeans were giving "regular" frequencies and many
were adding a decimal.

This is also very good to add clearness to the fact that a station is
answering to you and not to another station in your Region giving the same
listening frequency...

Thanks.

Claudio Astorri, IK2DZN