[CQ-Contest] ARRL DX SSB: 40m operation

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] ARRL DX SSB: 40m operation
From: "LA5HE Ragnar Otterstad" <la5he@otterstad.dk>
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2006 18:28:12 +0100
While it is very common to expand the phone part of the band slightly
below 7040 and into the part assigned to digital modes in the large
contest in my opinion listening as low as 7019 is definitely overdoing
it. Basically these operators ask us to violate the rules :-(
We chew this same fat every year.  The band is loaded with CW above 7040
during CW DX contests, and is loaded with SSB below 7040 during SSB
There just is not enough room for all the stations in a contest situation.
SSB guys flex in the CW contests and the CW guys need to flex in SSB

Bill K4XS

There is one big difference.  CW has allocation also above 7040, while phone
does not have below  that frequency.

73   Rag LA5HE
CQ-Contest mailing list