Re: [CQ-Contest] G2QT SK

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] G2QT SK
From: David Pruett <k8cc@comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 09 Mar 2006 19:51:21 -0500
At 10:55 PM 3/6/2006, John Warren wrote:
> >.....Frank Cooper G2QT died at the weekend at the age of 91.
> >
> >A few years ago when well into his eighties he visited Dayton and was
> >delighted to meet many contesters in person. His antenna farm near
> >Ashford in Kent was a local landmark.

It was probably that year, on the Monday after Dayton that Frank showed up
at my QTH to check out the station.  Unfortunately, I was at work but my
non-ham father was home so he showed Frank around the shack and the antenna
farm.

I was really irritated with my dad that he didn't call me at work to come
home to meet Frank :-(

I may have not met Frank, but my station did!

Dave/K8CC