[CQ-Contest] Poisson d'Avril Contest

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Poisson d'Avril Contest
From: Doug Grant <k1dg@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2006 13:25:36 -0500 (GMT-05:00)
Several people have posted references to the Poisson d'Avril Contest in their
recent posts to this reflector.

Some have noted that the April CQ indicates the date for the event, but no
rules.

Complete "rules" are in the final editing phase with the Committee, and will be
posted here on CQ-Contest some time before the event. Actually, they are less
rules and more "guidelines" or "suggestions" - kind of like Boston traffic laws.

For your scheduling purposes, I can advise that the Official Contest Period, in
keeping with the growing popularity of shorter contests, will be 2300-2359Z on
April 1 (that is Saturday evening of April 1 in the U.S.), just before I go out
for my planned victory celebration dinner. It won't start at 00z April 1
(Friday night, U.S. time) because I want some of the West Coast U.S. guys to
get on, and that's too early for them since they will all still be at work.

Besides, I am busy that night.

So mark your calendar, check out your station, get your creative juices
flowing, and get the packet and internet connections ready to go since everyone
knows you can't compete without packet. And get the Big Amp ready, because we
all know the winning contesters run illegal high power (I read that on
CQ-Contest, so it must be true).

If you have any questions on the rules (or suggestions), send them to me
privately. That way, if I ignore your suggestion or claim it as my own idea,
nobody will know. Heh, heh, heh.

73,

Doug K1DG
Le Plus Grand Poisson de Tous Les Grands Poissons