[CQ-Contest] Welcome to ES OPEN on April 15th!

To: <CQ-Contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Welcome to ES OPEN on April 15th!
From: "Tonno Vahk" <tonno.vahk@mail.ee>
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2006 23:17:50 +0300
Dear contesters,

ES OPEN HF Championship will take place next Saturday, April 15th, from 0500
to 0859 UTC on 40m and 80m! We invite you to participate in this nice small
contest. There will be many ES stations active and contest is held both in
SSB and CW.

International winners get special trophies from ERAU plus all country
winners will be awarded. There is also a special LP trophy.

NB! Log deadline is May 20th, not June 1st anymore!

Please check the results and rules from www.erau.ee:
http://www.erau.ee/modules.php?op=modload&name=Info&file=index&req=viewarticle&artid=68

Congratulations to 2005 winners:

Category A (MIXED) - YL7X, Arvis Mikals
Category B (SSB) - OZ1ADL, Jan Thogersen
Category C (CW) - LY7M, Algirdas Uzdonas
Category D (CLUBS) - YL1S, ops YL1ZS and YL2VW
Category E (SWL) - R3A-847, Vladimir Ignatov
Special trophy to best LP station: YL2PJ, Zigurds Belasovs

Rules are very easy: the contest consists of 4 equal one hour periods where
you can work a station once on both bands. Thus 8 times maximum in total
during the contest. Foreign stations can work ES stations only and
multipliers are ES region prefixes (0 to 9) on both bands and modes. So 20
for CW/SSB and 40 for Mixed class.

CW QSOs give 2 points and SSB 1 point. Report is RST + QSO number.

Text format logs should be sent to esopen@erau.ee

You can use WPX configuration of different logging programs as ES prefixes
are all multipliers. Just have to clean dupe sheet after every hour or start
new log. TR log is easy to use, we have a sample CFG file on ERAU web page.

CU next Saturday,
73
Tonno
ES5TV