Re: [CQ-Contest] Incredible OH position

To: ne0p@lcisp.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Incredible OH position
From: Barry <w2up@mindspring.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 17:41:54 +0000
True John, but those are short openings and can't make up for the many
hours of band openings to southern Europe.  Here in the northeast, we do
get openings into OH on 10 and 15 m when the bands are otherwise only
open to JA/UA0 (besides the endless opening to the south.)

However, in the early evening (local time), when those openings occur,
it is prudent for a single-op to be on 20 or 40.
73,
Barry

John Geiger (NE0P) wrote:
> But there are times when I hear OH stations, and nothing else out of Europe.
> This happened in last years 10 meter contest, and I was surprised to hear any
> EU at all.
>
> 73s John NE0P

> From: "Barry " <w2up@mindspring.com>
> Date:  Fri, 21 Apr 2006 10:39:17 -0400
>

>> As I'm sure the OHs will tell you, they are in a propagationally
>> challenged region.  It is very common in CQWW for the big-gun OHs to
>> be weaker than the southern EUs (EA, I, S5, etc.) QRPers.
>>
>> You wouldn't expect someone in ND or MT to win the US, either...
>> 73,
>> Barry W2UP
>>
>> On 21 Apr 2006 at 14:14, Julio wrote:
>>

>>> I have been looking at cqww.com records and I found something
>>> absolutely incredible:
>>>
>>> There are not any OH operators on the All Time Records SSB part, and
>>> only two ( OH2KI and OH2MM ) on the CW leg. It is dificult to believe
>>> and I think does not reflect the real level skill and efforts of the
>>> finnish operators.
>>>  OHs you must do something.
>>>
>>> 73 de Julio, EA4KR
>>>

>> --
>> Barry Kutner, W2UP              Internet: w2up@mindspring.com
>> Newtown, PA                     Frankford Radio Club

Barry Kutner, W2UP
Newtown, PA