Re: [CQ-Contest] KENWOOD TS-2000

To: AD5VJ Bob <rtnmi@sbcglobal.net>, cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] KENWOOD TS-2000
From: Scott Manthe <n9aa@arrl.net>
Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2006 11:57:37 -0500
Bob,
What kind of contesting are you talking about?

The TS-2000 isn't most people's first choice in a contest rig, although
it's not nearly as poor a performer as most people claim. Especially
those people who haven't used one. I have one and it's a decent radio.
Not as good as my Mark V Field, but not bad. (By the way- to get an idea
of how close to not bad the ts-2000 is, compare the close-in selectivity
to the TS-2000 to that of the Mark V Field in the QST reviews.
Instructive.)

If you want or need a rig that can do everything, then there is no
better choice than the TS-2000. But, if you're a serious contester,
you'd probably be better off looking at a different rig.

73,
Scott, N9AA