[CQ-Contest] Sleeping during ARRL DX Contest

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Sleeping during ARRL DX Contest
From: Tree <tree@kkn.net>
Date: Tue, 2 May 2006 13:23:07 -0700
AH8DX asks:

>The daylight and 6 a.m. came and I got up and started calling
>cq at the radio. When my host came in after hearing me at the radio, I asked
>him why he let me sleep so long!

The ARRL DX contest is VERY BORING the second night from about midnight until
sunrise (assuming you are located south of the USA).  I think it is perfectly
normal to find it hard to stay awake during this time and planning on 5 or 6
hours of sleep is a good strategy.  You really won't miss much - unless you
ignored one of the low bands the first night.

The CQ WW is a much more engaging contest and I think it will be easier to
stay awake - at least that is how it worked for me.

Tree N6TR
tree@kkn.net