Re: [CQ-Contest] QST Contest Results

To: "N7MAL" <N7MAL@CITLINK.NET>,"W2RU - Bud Hippisley" <W2RU@frontiernet.net>,<cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] QST Contest Results
From: "Dale Putnam" <daleputnam@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 19 May 2006 06:04:03 -0600
And.... in the years to come... when one wishes to cast a look into the past...
where does he go to check on old contest results.. ??
This is very disturbiing, not only do they not publish what we want... they
have mislaid the idea that the customer comes first...
And.. one last question... a simple one... Ham radio.. the service we love and
use ... is a non commercial service.
Is the content of email always non commercial..? No quotes necessary.. Webster
maybe... FCC maybe but not quotes around
non-commercial.. It is not a grey area.

Thanks for the bankwidth.... and you know something..?  Contests are non
commercial too. Never made a cent on an exchange yet.

--...   ...--
Dale - WC7S in Wy

> From: N7MAL@CITLINK.NET> To: W2RU@frontiernet.net; cq-contest@contesting.com>
> Date: Thu, 18 May 2006 22:53:36 +0000> Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] QST Contest
> Results> > The problem here is a very simple one to understand, especially if
> you can ever sit down one on one with folks at the ARRL, (who are willing to
> talk). QST no longer represents our interests, especially contesters. It is a
> revenue generator controlled by financial types. I have been told ""the ARRL
> / QST is a business first.""> I consider myself to be an average reader of
> QST, the first thing I look at when QST arrives is the Silent Keys and if I'm
> not listed there the very next place I used to go was Contest Corral /
> Results. Everyone, I don't care who you are, likes to see his name/call in
> print. We like seeing where we stand with our contesting peers. Some
> financial 'knot-head' decided it was a waste of time/space publishing
> complete results. You would think the contests the ARRL sponsors would give
> maximum e
 xposure to the results and how the competitors faired. Do you suppose the 5 or
10 year business plan calls for eliminating contests sponsored by the ARRL?
Even worse QST will be renamed 'Shack-on-a-Belt.'> > MAL       > N7MAL>
BULLHEAD CITY, AZ> http://www.ctaz.com/~suzyq/N7mal.htm>
http://geocities.com/n7mal/> Don't worry about the world coming to an end
today.> It's already tomorrow in Australia> >   ----- Original Message ----- >
 From: W2RU - Bud Hippisley >   To: cq-contest@contesting.com >   Sent:
Wednesday, May 17, 2006 23:55>   Subject: [CQ-Contest] QST Contest Results> > >
  June 2006 QST contains a double-barreled reminder of the unfortunate >   ARRL
policy re non-publishing of contest results.> >   I was in the midst of hopping
between the 2005 Phone SS and 2005 160 >   Meter write-ups when I realized that
I would not be seeing results of my >   own or my friends' efforts in those
pages.  Instead of the articles >   provoking enjoyment and anticipation for
upcomi
 ng contests, my initial >   interest turned to frustration and
disappointment.> >   With all due respect to Ford and Kelly, I firmly believe a
simple >   tabulation -- in print -- of *all* (repeat -- *all*) entrants by >
Division and Section does more to encourage youngsters, non-contesters, >   and
our fellow club members to get on and make QSOs than all the >   wordsmithing
about a handful of elite category leaders.> >   Furthermore, the inclusion of
photographs of entrants whose calls and >   results do not appear elsewhere in
those two articles is rotten >   journalism.  Even low-budget local weekly
newspapers know better than to >   do that.> >   Sad.> >   Bud, W2RU> >