Re: [CQ-Contest] June VHF contest and six meter antennas

To: tree@kkn.net, cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] June VHF contest and six meter antennas
From: Jimk8mr@aol.com
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2006 22:41:21 EDT
Another very cheap, simple, but effective 6 meter antenna I've used is the
"PVC-1", a six meter dipole attached to a piece of 1/2" or 3/4" PVC pipe for
mechanical support.  You can pull it up into a tree, or up your tower, with  a
single piece of rope/twine.

My all time best 6 meter results were with such an antenna, from Hilton  Head
Island in 1992 or 1993.  I had 300+ qsos with a TR-6 and PVC-1 up  about 25
feet in a tree outside our golf course condo.  For those who  really care, I
wrote about this afterward in the NCJ, "A DXpedition to Hilton  Head Island".

73  -  Jim   K8MR