[CQ-Contest] Contest strategy planning spreadsheet...

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Contest strategy planning spreadsheet...
From: "Robert Chudek - K0RC" <k0rc@citlink.net>
Date: Tue, 4 Jul 2006 16:04:52 -0500
I have been slowly adding improvements to my Excel 2003 spreadsheet that allows
a contester to pre-plan their contesting strategies. I thought this might be a
good time to share this file with the contesting community. You can try it out
for the upcoming IARU HF Championship.

Download a copy here:  http://tinyurl.com/lf3w2  Ignore the RTTY sheets,
they're been superseded with the IARU one.

There is no instruction sheet, that will be added later, but I think it's use
is relatively intuitive. Also, I have automated about 1/3 of the sheet but am
looking for an Excel guru who can help me with some advanced features. Send me
a message if you're into "arrays" and similar functions.

I created this tool because, unlike the 24-hour straight "blast" of the IARU HF
Contest, some of the RTTY contests have multiple 6-hour operating windows and
mandatory off times. Coordinating these opportunities with propagation and
outside activities is what the impetus was for creating the spreadsheet!

All feedback is welcome. I'm an Excel novice but would really like to learn
more!

73 de Bob - K0RC